Wednesday 27 October 2010

'i' for News

It’s the first quality newspaper to be launched in Britain for almost 25 years: ‘i’, produced by The Independent. They say it’s a ‘new kind of paper, designed for people with busy, modern lives.’ And I have to admit that I’m impressed. I have paid 20p (yes – that is twenty pence!) for the past two mornings now and it certainly does what it says on the tin.

It’s colourful, well presented for fast consumption, and gives a wide range of news and views in very manageable chunks. I love the user-friendly style which maximises the deployment of graphics and summaries. Even the TV guide gives a snapshot of programmes in well-defined sections, such as comedy, documentary, reality and sport. ‘The Opinion Matrix’ is a masterstroke, giving the ‘i’ opinion, on a range of topical issues from home and abroad, alongside the views of various other newspapers across the world.

This new product has been well thought out, well researched and well executed. It has left me wondering why I even bothered to pick up the free Metro after my morning swim, since there really is no comparison. At 20p it really is hard to find fault, so all I can say is well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment