Wednesday 15 September 2010

Library Blues

I am currently in the process of writing an article about the great Russian composer, Dmitry Shostakovich. Last night I searched the local libraries online catalogue for a book I needed for research. Great, I thought! It's in my local library! So I reserved the book online. What a clever electronic system, I thought.


Today, I took a very wet walk down to the local library only to be greeted by three confused librarians. A reserved book like mine should, surprisingly enough, have been on the 'Reserved Books' bookshelf. But it wasn't! After several discussions between various members of staff, the conclusion was that it had been inadvertently placed in the wrong pile. And sent to another library!


Sadly for me, it would have been better not to have reserved the book. Then in all probability it would have still been on the shelf. By the way, would any publisher out there be interested in an article on Dmitry Shostakovich?

No comments:

Post a Comment